The aim of the program is to introduce language assistants to Italian elementary, middle or high schools and encourage the meeting of different cultures. It is organized in cooperation with the Italian Ministry of Education. The language assistant will be shadowing Italian teachers during classes for 18 hours per week (spread over 5 or 6 days depending on the school) which will give the participant the chance to learn about Italian Education. It is a useful international job experience that will enhance the personal CV (curriculum vitae). Additionally it is a good opportunity for participants to develop communication/teaching skills and learn some basics of Italian.
There is no financial compensation but participants will receive room and board. An orientation of 2 days will be organised upon arrival. Participants are placed mostly in Piedmont (north of Italy) but could be also in other regions.
Accommodation & meals
Participants stay with a volunteer host family, with full board.
Terms of participation
- Be between 19 and 30 years old
- Be a university student or graduate
- Have English/French/German/Spanish as native language
- Be screened by the partner
- Provide a CV, criminal record and completed application form
- Non European applicants need to check if they require a visa, most of the nationalities enter on a tourist visa
- No Italian language knowledge required but some basic knowledge is helpful
- No teaching experience/degree required but preferable
- Participants must arrive at Turin airport (in the morning of the starting date)
Included: school search and placement process • host family search, screening and placement process (by the school) • accommodation and meals as described • airport transfer on arrival from Turin airport • 2 days orientation in Torino on arrival • health and third party liability insurance • assistance from school counselor • local assistance from WEP • emergency line 24/7 • administrative fees • various taxes.
Not included: return transportation • local transportation • personal expenses • travel insurance • passport & visa fees.