High School Flex • Area Choice & Special Request
- Age: min.12 max. 18 years old upon arrival
- Duration: 1 academic year, 1 academic semester, term (12 weeks), short term (4 to 8 weeks)
year, semester or term: end of August / or beginning of January
short term: (flexible dates) from end of August to beginning of April
Coastline & Urban Area : homestay with a French family (small allowance)
Special Request : homestay with a French family (volunteer)
- Language: French
An exchange program to France is an opportunity to immerse yourself in a culture that has influenced the western world for hundreds of years. The French are very proud of their contributions to art, literature, philosophy, architecture, food, wine, sports and film. From the picturesque Brittany and Normandy coastline to the Pyrenees along the spanish border and the beaches of the Mediterranean sea, France offers breathtaking scenery.
The French educational system is one of the most thorough in the world. Expectations are high towards the students. Participants will attend classes at a local lycée from Monday to Friday. Saturday classes may be allocated. French students attend mandatory lessons (French, History-Geography, foreign languages, sport...) and also take optional subjects such as arts, maths, biology... The school year runs from September to June.
- Uppon arrival
- 4 days
- Culture introduction & sightseeing
- Organized during the program
- Disneyland, ski camp, city trips...
Participants will live with a French family. They will share the family’s everyday life, participate in activities and adapt to the family rules as a family member. In France, high school students buy lunch at the school cafeteria, cost related to lunch should be covered by the students pocket money.
• Mediterranean coastline,
• Atlantic coastline,
• or South of France
Your students feel like coming to France on a high school program but choosing the region is essential to them. This program is designed for them: WEP guarantees to place them in their favorite region!
Your students are highly motivated for a high school program in France but they are not comfortable with possibly being placed in a rural area with limited public transport.
WEP guarantees to place them in an urban environment (over 40.000 inhabitants or with a quick access to a town of 40.000 inhabitants or more).
Your students would like to make a special request (specific sport, specific subjects or catholic school). WEP is happy to guarantee this option! (if catholic school, tuition fees are included)
• Be min. 12 and max. 18 upon arrival
• Have good academic results
• Have a minimum of 1 year of French lessons
• Have travel insurance covering sickness, accidents, repatriation and third party liability
- host family search, screening and placement process
- accommodation as described
- school registration
- transfer on arrival
- 24 hours emergency support
- coordinator assistance & progress reports
- mandatory orientation
- WEP support to obtain the permit of stay
- administrative costs.
Not included :
- return transportation
- local transportation
- school costs
- lunch during school days
- personal expenses
- travel insurance
- passport & visa fee
- optional Paris orientation
- optional French online course.